During day 3 of my stay in Lyon, I decided to take a day trip to the French town of Annecy.
The town was beautiful (once I finally found the Tourist Information Office and got my directional bearings).
I ate my picnic lunch in the park near the lake (which is surrounded on two sides by a mountain range). The scenery was really nice, but the mountains made me miss the Rockies a bit.
I then did a walk around the town. I saw the old prison, the electronic gates which control the water level in the lake, and the castle - of course stopping for the requisite ice cream along the way.
The weather was gorgeous, clear blue skies and sunny. Of course, the weather was nice until just before I left, at which point it started raining....but not a big deal, as I was on the train. After returning to Lyon, I had my last dinner with Caro and Frank, then went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment