Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Pisa

I had just a few short hours in Pisa, as it was just a stopover on my journey between the Cinque Terre and Florence.  At the Pisa train station I decided to check my big pack for a few hours, then set off on foot to find the leaning tower.

On the way to the tower, I did a little bit of a tour of Pisa (including the requisite stop for gelato).  What can I say about the tower….well, its crooked.  The lean is actually much bigger than I had expected.   

After seeing the tower I went into the Duomo, which is right beside the tower (weird fact that I didn’t know: the tower was built as the bell tower for the Duomo…and then it started sinking on one side).

After seeing these two sites, I hopped onto a bus, returned to the train station, picked up my bags, and was on my way to Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment