Wednesday, 11 May 2011

In the Calgary Airport

Well, the time has arrived....I'm here waiting in the airport in Calgary.  I've checked my baggage - my 40L backpack only weighed 13kg, which I think is good for 6.5 weeks worth of clothes and supplies.

I've already said goodbye to my parents and Colin (the boyfriend), I've cleared security, and am now waiting to board the plane.

So far I'm doing pretty well, there's only a few small things I've forgotten to put in my carry on......like hand lotion.  The biggest thing I forgot was a water bottle, but I've now bought one at the airport...a BPA free Nalgene bottle that has a photo of a bike on it and says "Ride On" one the bottle.  Ok, so $14 for s Nalgene is a bit much, but who knew they'd have one made specifically for me!

Also, on a positive note, with each passing day it seems like rock climbing in France is actually going to happen :)  I've found a guide who's really on the ball.....so I'm excited for that.

Better run, its time for me to board the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment