Day 1
I left Edinburgh in the early morning to catch a bus to Newcastle. But, upon arrival my friend Karolina and I were on two different schedules (and two opposite ends of the city). I passed some time at Starbucks (and have gotten the "scoop" on their WiFi - so I'll be able to get online anywhere that I can find a Starbucks).
Once we met up, Karolina showed me her apartment and we decided to visit the coast(just a short drive away) before dinner. We went to a town called Tynemouth and walked a little bit around there. We then went to St Mary's Island - a tiny little island with just a lighthouse and small house on it (the access is via a causeway that is only exposed during low tide.
After the island we went to Shiremore Farm for dinner. We both had lamb shank with yorkshire pudding and veggies. I paired min with a rather tasty local beer....though having the beer be served at room temperature took some getting used to. My dish was so delicious (and huge)! It was a great way to end the day.
Day 2
On the morning of day 2 I went into the University of Newcastle with Karolina and took a quick tour of her lab. I then left her to do work, and set off in search of new shoes. After going many places and trying on many pairs of shoes, I settled on a pair from Sports Direct (thanks for the suggestion Auntie Louise). I've been wearing them for two days now, and they're great.
I then went to checkout the various bridges in Newcastle, there's many of them that go over the Tyne and each one is different.
After checking out the bridges, I went to the castle keep and checked that out. The castle was really interesting and I had it completely to myself. The castle seemed much more authentic and unaltered compared to Edinburgh Castle.
After my day of touring I came home and made some dinner for Karolina and I. There's this great shop called Marks and Spencer that has a food shop, with meals that are all prepped for the oven. So, I bought a take and bake meal....even though it wasn't from scratch it was still very yummy.
At 11:45 I caught my bus from Newcastle to London. I am now in london...
No comments:
Post a Comment