So, this post is a little out of sequence in where I wanted it to be (pre-Guernsey), but I don't know how to re-order the posts.
During my stay in London I became a Master of the Underground. Upon arriving I bought a week transit pass, and definitely got my money worth. Towards the end I was actually able to help other tourists find their way, and got a few "who knew Londoners could be so nice" replies, to which I promptly corrected them saying that I was just a Canadian on holidays.
So I've had the full Underground experience. I've been stuck on the tube in the middle of a tunnel in an absolutely crowded car. I've been stuck waiting at a platform for ages for a delayed train to leave. I've experienced all sorts of service delays, and have had to figure out how to re-route my trip to avoid the "suspended service" lines. I have also figured out how to efficiently get into and out of the stations and through the ticket gates quickly.
I will admit, the best words I heard while in London were always the announcement lady saying "The (insert line of interest here) line is operating a good service". A good service always made for much more efficient sightseeing!
In saying goodbye to London (for now), I'm sad to say goodbye to the most efficient transit system that I've yet to experience. Fare-the-well London Bridge Station, I was happy to call you home for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment